Large-scale genetic studies involving thousands of individuals are ongoing at the HIHG, with many funded by the National Institute of Aging (NIA), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). These studies have been successful in identifying a number of new genes that could eventually translate into clinical care.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Sequencing Project (ADSP)
- Alzheimer’s Disease Genetics Consortium (ADGC)
- Consortium for Alzheimer’s Disease Sequencing Analysis (CASA)
- Genome Center for Alzheimer’s Disease (GCAD)
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Core (iPSC)
Multi-Ethnic Projects Addressing Health Disparities
“Studying diverse populations provides a unique opportunity to discover novel targets and pathways as well as to ensure that all groups benefit from the research.” Dr. Margaret A Pericak-Vance